Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Improved batting

Despite breaking into the Indian side in 2002, Patel has only got sporadic games since then. His hard work has now paid off since he is being selected in the XI purely as a batsman without needing to keep wickets.

"I had that belief that I could do it. That I could play as a batsman in any side. It kept me going and improve both my batting and wicketkeeping. The age was on my side. I was out of the team at 21 -- a lot of players even don't start playing at 21.

"I had the experience and belief that I could play again for India."

Patel sounded confident that even a depleted side can give a good account of themselves in the second game.

"We made 274 in the first game and with England at 27 for 2, we were looking good to win the game. We hope to turn it around tomorrow as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment